You know what I love about blogging?
It’s being able to pour out my heart and be real about things I care about… what a great feeling! There’s something therapeutic about sharing what God’s teaching me. Life is full of obstacles, but I choose to see those moments as opportunities to learn and grow.
Lately, I’ve had a lot on my mind. From life decisions to ideas about the future, my mind has been all over the place. I sometimes find it hard to turn off. (Which is why I tend to talk a lot, as those who know in me in real life can attest to!) I’ve decided to start doing these “Thoughts Wrap Up” posts every once in awhile with blog posts I like, music that’s inspired me, etc. as a way to get out what’s on my heart.
Hope you enjoy the first one!
- You Were Born for This by Bruce Wilkinson – I really enjoyed this book. In it, Wilkinson writes practically about how you can partner with God in His miracle-making. You know those nudges you may have about stopping to help someone or a strange desire to say or do something but don’t actually do it? Some of those could be God working to show you what He wants to do through you. By being open to God’s leading, we can experience miracles in our everyday lives.
- 10 Things I Want My Daughter to Know About Working Out – Loved this post! Working out shouldn’t be done for superficial reasons like looking good in a swimsuit or a dress. Exercise should be done regularly for the purpose of maintaining good health.
- Old Fashioned Dating Habits We Should Make Cool Again – I’m more of a traditionalist when it comes to dating, so I appreciated this post.
- 30 Naughtiest Dogs: You’ll Crack Up When You Find Out What They Did – I laughed a lot when looking at this. It’s hilarious… especially because I could relate to some as my dog can be rather naughty.
- 3 Reasons to Travel While You’re Young – Jeff Goins is one of my favorite bloggers. I love his writing and especially enjoyed this post. Traveling at any age is an incredible opportunity to gain new perspectives. I have many travel dreams for the next few years and hope to make them happen. This post inspired me to make them a reality.
- Multitasking is a Myth – This is something I’ve been saying for awhile now. I cannot focus when trying to do too many things at once. At one point I thought I had lost my “mad skills,” but this article reminds me that it’s impossible for anyone to truly be effective while doing multiple things at one time.
Both of these songs I’ve needed lately. I have been so aware of God’s constance in our lives. Man, it’s good stuff. :)
- I haven’t been hooked on any particular shows, but recently came across episodes of “Extreme Cheapskates” – wow! I can’t believe what extremes people go to just to save a penny.
- Granny Smith Apples – yum! These have been one of my favorite things lately.
- My mom made chocolate chip cookies the other day and they were delicious, as usual.
- I’ve been on a weird Miso Soup craze, too.
- Lots of green tea.
- Oh, and I’ve started drinking the probiotic drink kefir. It takes getting used to, but I like it and it’s good for your digestive system.
- Threads Bible Study – I love you all!! SO MUCH! :) Seriously, I am so blessed. I can’t tell you how thankful I am for fellowship.
- Hanging out with my sister, Maggie. I’m glad we’ve grown closer lately.
- Fuzzy socks. It’s winter and freezing cold in Iowa. They keep me warm.
- Scarves – I love scarves so much that other people notice how much I wear them. The other day my 9-year-old brother put on a scarf and walked around the house in it. He then went on to tell everyone, “Hey, look I’m Emily. Can’t you tell? I’m wearing a scarf.” Too funny.