Treating chronic Lyme Disease and co-infections can be rough on your body. When the Lyme spirochetes die off, toxins are released. These toxins in your body may cause an increase in the symptoms you are already facing with Lyme! This die-off effect is called a Herxheimer Reaction.
When dealing with a worsened state of health due to Herxing, it’s absolutely crucial to detox! Using the detox methods listed below has helped me tremendously in dealing with the difficult effects of treatment for Lyme Disease, Babesia, and Bartonella infections.
I hope this information is helpful to you no matter where you are on your journey with Lyme Disease!
(I’m not a doctor and am only sharing my personal experiences of treating Lyme Disease and detoxing. This information is not to be used as treatment advice, but is for informational purposes only. This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through a link, a small portion of your sale, at no added cost to you, goes to keeping this site running! Thank you for your support!)
My favorite Lyme Disease detox methods:
1. Taking Epsom salt baths – I generally use 1 cup baking soda with 2 cups Epsom salts in a hot bath. Occasionally, I’ll also add a couple drops of Lavender Essential Oil to the Epsom salt before pouring it into the bath.
2. Oil pulling
3. Drinking warm lemon water
4. Using the Far Infrared Sauna – This is the one that I have! (Needs to be done slowly at low temperatures for only a few minutes once or twice a week to begin)
5. Using Burbur/Pinella – I use it several times a day to help open detox pathways so my body will be able to eliminate toxins as treatment begins to work.
6. This should go without saying it, but drinking TONS of water! I carry this really cool water bottle everywhere. :)
7. Last, but not least, a new form of detox I’ve recently been doing is taking coffee enemas! This may be a new concept for you, and I completely understand that it can seem a bit overwhelming…you may be thinking, you put what? where? It’s true! I do coffee enemas using this enema kit and this specific coffee for enemas, and they do help a lot!