Now that it’s June, I think it’s safe to say it’s summer! Sure, there are the official dates that signify a change in season, but as long as it’s warm outside and school is out (in America), it’s summer in my book!
I am so happy to see sunshine and nice weather. After experiencing the longest winter of my life, springtime and now summertime are being richly savored.
To make the most of this lovely season, I put together a list of ways to rock this summer. Check it out!
1) Take long walks. [preferably during morning or night as daytime heat can be a little unbearable]
2) Turn off the TV.
3) Write a letter to a friend or family member. Send it via snail mail.
4) Try new recipes.
5) Eat all the seasonal fresh fruits and veggies you can get your hands on.
6) Begin waking up earlier, preferably with the sun.
7) Exercise more.
8) Read more. Go to the library!
9) Get a group together to play sports. A game of softball or sand volleyball are great options.
10) Have a campfire and make s’mores. [special tip: put Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on your s’mores in place of the chocolate…so much better!!]
11) Laugh more.
12) Smile at everyone you see.
13) Have a game night.
14) Say “I love you” to the special people in your life.
15) Stop making excuses.
16) Keep a journal.
18) Listen to music.
19) Decide who the most important people in your life are and then invest your time in them.
20) Say “hello” to your neighbors.
21) Volunteer your talents.
22) Go on a hike.
23) Take a bike ride.
24) Visit a museum.
25) Take an electronics detox. Turn off your phone, computer, etc. and spend your day speaking to real people and doing real things.
26) Apologize to anyone you’ve hurt.
27) Practice gratitude. Regularly ask yourself what you’re grateful for.
28) Take a road trip.
29) Go camping.
31) Say “please” and “thank you.”
32) Give hugs.
33) Breathe deeply.
Go out there and rock your summer. Live it up. Savor each moment. You’ll be glad you did. :)
Download your FREE copy of Finding Hope Through the Fog today and you'll get:
- The story of my battle with chronic Lyme Disease
- Practical application questions and scripture to bring hope
- Encouragement for your journey
- Personal prayer support at any time!
Emily Lofgren’s heart beats for authenticity. She craves true connection where we can be real about our struggles and find hope together. Emily became a Christian in college and since then has had a passion for writing in a way that helps others encounter life. Grab your free copy of her eBook Finding Hope Through the Fog.